I take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of users throughout their visiting experience on this website. Here I explain what information I collect, what I do with it and what choices and controls users have.
What data do I collect and why?
I do not collect or store any data through the website of users, except under the following circumstances:
- I log in our legitimate interest the number of users of the website for the purposes of analysing overall website traffic.
- I may collect user’s name, email address and other contact details if they contact me by email using the contact details provided on the website. I will use these details in my legitimate interests to process and respond to those enquiries submitted to me.
- When users visit the website, I automatically log the IP address (the unique address which identifies a user’s computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by my web server. I use IP addresses in my legitimate interests to help me administer the website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- I may automatically collect non-personal information about visitors such as the type of internet browsers visitors use or the site from which a visitor has arrived at the website. I use this information to understand how I can better improve the website.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website may transfer to the hard drive of a user’s device to store and sometimes track information about their use of a website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can, if they prefer, change their browser to prevent that. The relevant device settings screen will explain how to do this.
With whom is the information shared?
I may disclose aggregate statistics about the number of website visitors, to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
I may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if I believe that such action is necessary in my legitimate interests to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of net-negative.tech, the website or its visitors.
I may disclose any personal information I receive (as described in this policy) to a third party either as part of a reorganisation or a sale of the assets of net-negative.tech in my legitimate interests having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that individual’s privacy rights continue to be protected.
Where is the information stored?
Information that is collected about visitors to the website or from visitors who choose to separately contact us by email is held by me on a computer located in the United Kingdom and/or Canada. However, personal data may also be processed in other countries outside the EEA where my service providers maintain operations. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If I transfer personal information in this way, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that individual privacy rights continue to be protected either by transferring personal data subject to a finding of adequacy by the EC, by entering into EC Approved standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data with my service provider or by ensuring that the service providers are subject to an EC approved adequacy mechanism such as a valid certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework (see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu_en).
How long I keep your information
I retain your personal information to satisfy your enquiry and to resolve issues or claims. I may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help me develop and improve this website. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by me;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by me;
- to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data (while I verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent:
- Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
- If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.
Changes to this Policy
Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.